Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajaz Ahmed (SR.MARKETING EXECUTIVE)     23 April 2014

Gratuaity

I worked for a private limited company for 7  years and 8 months,

I recently was asked by company to resign or they will terminate me, so i resigned on 7th April 2014, my joining date is 16.8.2006 my total work ex in the company is 7 years and 8 months

What would be my gratuity claim amount?how should i apply ?

i have requested them to clear my gratuity and balance salary ,I have not received anything, I queries are?

1.Is my company under the act of labour?

2.In case if they do not pay my gratuity ,what should  i do,

3.It also did not enroll me for the PF saying that the company policy does not have that.

Kindly advice me about my next course of action.

regards 

Ajaz Ahmed

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2014

Law of land applies to each company and employer!

What is this establishment: Commercial, industrial, small enterprise/

How many employees are employed in it?

You are located in which state?

Redg. Office the company is located in which state?

>>> Gratuity;

Payment of Gratuity Act:1972

Sec:1: (b) every shop or establishment within the meaning of any law for the time being in force in relation to shops and establishments in a State, in which ten or more persons are employed, or were employed, on any day of the preceding twelve months;

(c) such other establishments or class of establishments, in which ten or more employees are employed, or were employed, or, any day of the preceding twelve months, as the Central Government may, by notification, specify in this behalf.

So if your company fulfills these conditions the Payment of Gratuity shall be applicable to it>

You may also go thru: Sec:2A (1), (2) (a) (i) (ii), (b) (i) (ii), 7

Even if the employee has not made any application employer has to make the payment within 30 days of becoming eligible (last date in office in your case) or tender interest @10%pa.

You can submit FormI 1 month before the date of retirement chosen by you (resignation/last date in office/expiry of notice period), of course under proper acknowledgment, preferably by redg. post.

You have worked for 7Y8M and may count it as 8Y.

The formulae for calculations is;

{(Basic+DA)/26*15}* No. of years in service

Basic+DA is as per last drawn salary.

Gratuity up to Rs.10Lac is Tax Free. Beyond it may be subjected to tax treatment.  

>>> PF:

The company’s internal/private policies shall not decide PF shall be applicable to it or not!

>>> Resignation: Forced resignation can be termed 'deemed termination'. Did  you  resign with immediate effect? If yes, company may adjust notice pay and square off your dues.

Reply to few questions mentioned above!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register