LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Mukadam (None)     30 April 2012

Grampanchayat

Does Grampanchayat has right to give permission to built /erect message  board and constructing bench in front of a private property on the road for the people to have gathering and chitchat without getting approval from the ministry of envirment ?

I own a property in a village in Maharashtra. A local organisation built a bench and erected a message board on road  blocking my frontage and created nonsence. Under RTI I asked information but information officer gave me false and misleading information. I filed appeal based on this information and at the time of hearing  GRAMSEVAK who is also information officer agree to remove this bench and message board. BDO who is an appling authority requested me to withdraw my apple base upon his assurance which I did. Unfortunately They never removed the same. I filed complaint  with Lokyaukta, Mumbai. Grampanchyat, BDO and CEO Zilla Parishad inform them that the Grampanchyat have given them permission to erect message board and built bench as it is on Grampanchyat land, even though it is in front of my house

Now question is

!) Does Grampanchyat has authority to give such permission?

2) Is it not  mandatory to take approval from the ministry of enveriment ?

3) If they gave permission then why they promised to remove the same at the time of RTI Appeal hearing?

4) Does Appealing authority has authority for such promise / compromise ./ Assurances and withdrawal of the appeal?

5) In this case what are my rights and how to proceed further?

Thanks everyone for their valuable advoice

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register