LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Government job

If a person below 18 commits Any crime 5 years ago which is an offence u/s 468 or 471 and he becomes Public servant and in future if his conduct got unearthed , Will he be terminated from his Job ?

Learning

15 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 December 2023

If any person is having a criminal case against him, he will not be considered for any job.

(Guest)

Sir i took Government scholarship from Social Welfare department during my school days ( fee reimbursement ) on the basis of an income certificate which showed Less income, and then i never used it , Will it cause any trouble , if someone complained about it ?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 December 2023

You have not used the income certificate, why do you fear it?

(Guest)

I have used it during my college days for fee reimbursement.

Since then i never used it,I am in fear because of that

Sanskriti Tiwari   12 December 2023

The consequences for a public servant involved in a crime committed below the age of 18 can vary based on several factors. Firstly, the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015, emphasizes the rehabilitation and reintegration of juveniles in conflict with the law, focusing less on punitive measures.

However, the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2013, introduced changes allowing juveniles aged 16-18 involved in heinous offences to be tried as adults. If the crime falls under Sections 468 or 471 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) dealing with forgery or counterfeiting documents, it could be considered a serious offence.

Regarding employment as a public servant, the conduct, especially if it involves fraudulent activities, could lead to termination or disciplinary action. The relevant service rules and conduct codes would be crucial in determining the action taken.

In the case of ‘State of U.P. v. Ram Sumer Singh’, the Supreme Court highlighted that if the crime was committed as a juvenile and the person's behavior during service has been satisfactory, it might influence the decision regarding termination.

Ultimately, the decision regarding termination or retention would involve an assessment of the gravity of the offence, service conduct, and the specific provisions of the service rules in place at the time of the discovery of the conduct.

(Guest)

Thank-you ,I didn't know the consequences of making income certificate with less income at that time , The corruption at tehsil level is so rampant that people still make it and get away easily.

A broker made that certificate for me and included that income without even telling me and i used it.

I feel like victim and culprit both at the same time. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 December 2023

You pretty well knew that availing the benefits on the basis of a false certificate is an offecne, but you did it knowingly, hence you will be liable for the consequences  if your fraud is unearthed. 

(Guest)

Sir i didn't knew that it was a Henious offence ,i thought that if something happened , Most Probably i would have to return the money only.

And most of the students still do , But i am feeling guilty about it now.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 December 2023

whether this background was mentioned in attetation form?

(Guest)

No sir , I am a student preparing for Government exam. If after getting into any services , This thing came into light , Will it cause trouble to my job ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 December 2023

If this problem is coming to the knowledge of the recruiting officer, they may reject your application for employment 

(Guest)

& if the person got employed , supposedly in Civil services or state civil services then ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2023

does not amtter whether you  ae selected for peon job or qulify judiciary exam.  You have to state facts truly in the attestation form.

subramanyam pilli   16 December 2023

May be not no double jeopardy 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register