LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Girls parents threatening for visa cancellation case

Hello. I am working in USA on H1B visa, got engaged 5 months back to a girl in India. In span of 5 months, we had lot many small fights and the girl used to threaten me for breaking up. But everytime, I used to beg infront of her and convince her not to do so. But when she texted me "courier your engagement ring, I will give back all stuff to ur parents, now there is no engagement, best of luck for next girl", I decided that I wont go further with this relationship. I told my parents and my parents talked to girls parents regarding same. Girls parents want to breakup but they are refusing to give back the stuffs which we bought for girl (worth 4lakh Rupees - 80grams Gold, 5pairs of branded clothes, cell phone, tablet, DKNY wrist watch and few other things). Moreover, girl had an active online matrimonial profile before this conversation which I came to know later. So I created a fake matrimonial profile with her name and wrote her reality. When girls parents came to know about this fake profile (in which I mentioned all correct things), her dad called my dad and threatened to file a case against me so that my visa gets cancelled and I have to flew back to India and stay there. I worked so hard to reach here. And how can someone ruin my life by filing a false case against me. I have saved all the messages sent by her threatening me for breakup. Please  give me legal advice, how me and my family should react on this. Hope to have responses on this. Thank You so much for reading my story.        

Learning

5 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     23 May 2014

@ Author 

The suprising thing about you is that you believe that the girls father can cancel your Visa . 

Looks like her Father governs the issues of visa'a and cancellation's :-) . 

And dont get involved in making fake profiles .

Leave aside the past and forget about the things you have given her . Think that you have given it to some charity home or a beggar and move on in life . There is no point trying to recover spilt milk .

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     23 May 2014

Well advised Stanley. Author don't worry about them cancelling your visa. They cannot do anything. Koi kiska ukad nayi saktha. To be on a safer note. File a NC in a local police station and send a legal private notice to be on a safer side. By doing this you may achieve;

1. They will completely stop communicating to you ( This is a great result)

2. You may get back what you have gifted them.

By looking at your writing it reflects that you still love her and reday to accept her if she falls and begs in your feet. Mere Bhai they have shown the true colors even before the marriage. I have seen such families who's objective is to grab grooms in matrimonial sites, once engaged they will pick up fights and end the relationship because they would have got wht they wanted. Always hire a detective to figure out if there are defects and potential defects that may harm you.

(Guest)

Thanks Stanley and Sandykrish for response.  

@Sandykrish: I was so much attached to this girl, but the way she and her parents reacted with low level politics after bringing this breakup issue at parents level, their true colors got naked. And what I believe is a relationship is between two people and both should make efforts in order to hold onto a relationship or save a relationship. In my case I was always begging to save this relationship. I am not a saint, I have my limits. And this time it was her turn to initiate the talk to save the relationship and fortunately she dint bother to even text me or call me. So finally I gave up.

@Stanley:  My parents treated her like daughter from day one and bought the best expensive stuffs for her (which my parents have never bought for my sisters or for themselves) 80gms gold from Kalyan Jewellers (of which Aishwarya Rai is brand ambassador), clothes from high class brands, I bought her high end smartphone, tablet (bcoz she dint have laptop to do video calling which she hardly did 5 times with me in 5 months time) and DKNY wrist watch. The only intention for us to get back those stuffs is that she don't deserve such creamy stuffs. Otherwise I can make up for this loss just  in 5 weeks. And yes you are right, those people are beggars or slum dogs. They showed that their class is even lower than "kaamwali baay"...housemaids if they are caught stealing something, they ll return the stuff straightaway bcoz they ll feel ashamed...but these people have dropped to a level even worse than our housemaids...My words may be rude but their actions are much more uglier than my words...

(Guest)

@Heera: Yes I took some idiotic actions and yes I showered expensive gifts thinking that she was also feeling the same about me. I trusted those people blindly. But now what??..you suggest me some legal advice inorder to get away from a situation in which her parents file a case against me for any fake reason...Thanks...

satish bhaskar (Litigant)     23 May 2014

It would be best not to go on with the marriage. Let them do what they think is right. You do what seems right to you. They think you are in a frying pan and want you to jump into the fire.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register