Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniket   08 July 2016

Gifte deed between blood relatives

Dear Sir,

I am aware that for transfer of residential flat between blood relatives, stamp duty charges in Maharashtra are Rs. 200/- only. Please let me know whether in addition to that,any other charges are payable for transfer of flat in Mumbai between blood relatives? 

Local Lawyer from Mumbai is asking total fees of Rs. 10,000/- is this amount is feasible?

please guide.

Regards,

Aniket

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 July 2016

You may inquire from the o/o Authority under whose jurisdiction property falls.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 July 2016

the stamp duty is reduced for gifts executed in favour of Blood relatives only.  the registration fee and other incidentla charges, like user charges, servive tax/vat tax may be levied. better to consult in local registrar office.

cad4567 (NONE)     13 July 2016

FYI. The registration duty is fixed at Rs 200 as of 1st April 2016. The stamp duty is as you have mentioned. Please visit the following site for the notifications for Registration duty. https://igrmaharashtra.gov.in/SB_PUBLICATION/PUBLICATION_Notifications.aspx. Please see point no 7 under Registration>Registration Fees. I have attached a file of the same notification. Most people are not aware of this notification. The cost from Govt side as I understand is Rs 400. Please bear in mind if the immovable property in question is in Navi Mumbai or Nagpur then there is LBT(Local Body Tax of 1%) (Nagpur, I think is 0.5% more i.e. 1.5%) which can add to the cost. FYI, this 1% charge paid is on the ready reckoner value of your area. I am not a lawyer. I was doing research on Gift Deed for my family member and came across these details. Hope it helps you and any other user who might come across for Gift Deeds for blood relations.

Dave

Attached File : 256730 20160713104410 725881483 registration fee on gift deed.pdf downloaded: 68 times

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 July 2016

cad4567 sir thank you very much for providing information to all. good night sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register