Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Kumar Mishra (Project Coordinator)     27 August 2012

Getting threaten calls from the recovery agent

Dear All,

Please help me to deal with the recovery agent, it's started from last week and still I am getting nesty calls from them. Below is the detail which I sent to DCP Crime and Anti Recovery Cell as email on August 24, 2012 but unfortunatly didn't get any response from them. Please advice me for the next step.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Getting threaten calls from recovery agent via 011 4335 1122 and 4335 1119.

I am Rakesh Kumar Mishra S/o Sh. --------------- R/o ---------- mobile no. 9818865252. This is to inform you that since last three days I am getting threaten calls from a recovery agent. Details as below:

On the day of August 22, 2012 at around 4 pm I received a call from 011 4335 1122 regarding a recovery on due amount of ICICI Bank (on which I had some issues with the bank since 2007 and still pending to resolve). I requested them to call me on Saturday so that we can discuses it further. At around 4.30pm I received an SMS from Airtel that says I had called to check my call statement. After few second I got a call from one of my friend that he had received a threaten call from the ICICI Bank recovery agent and that agent had threaten him about my payment. Then after couple of minutes I got another friend call that he had also received the same threaten call.

Then I called the Airtel to check the matter, they informed that at 04:28pm someone had called from 011 4335 1122 to check my outgoing calls details. Since he confirmed my billing address they provided him all the numbers which I frequently dial. This ICICI recovery agent had taken all my personal numbers from the Airtel (which directly attacks on my privacy). Regarding the same, I have logged a formal complaint to the Airtel that the person called from 011 4335 1122 on August 22, 2012 at 04.28 had taken my personal numbers from the Airtel, when I have not authorized him for the same complaint number is 1108866221.

And this agent has not stopped yet he is continuously calling me and giving me threat one after another. Next day on 23 August, 2012 he had called some of my relatives in Lucknow and one professional friend at Ranchi and again he had threaten them that he will get a warrant issue by their name.

I need your help to stop him as he has taken my personal numbers and making such threaten calls to all my personal and professional relation. These calls led me to go through to an embarrassing situation and mental trauma too.

This is to request you, please look into this matter and assist me what to do next. Thanks in advance for all your help.

With best regards

Rakesh Kumar 

Learning

6 Replies

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     27 August 2012

you must had earlier some problem with ICICI bank in regard to some dues towards you , firstly you disclose that issue in detail than some solution can be suggested to you . 

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     27 August 2012

At the outset you should file police complaint against such number so that the culprits can be caught . And file for defamation complaint . File complaint against airtel also for leaking your number out. They hold no right to trouble you in this way . File complain against ICICI Bank also .

seema sharma ( manager)     27 August 2012

if police is not taking any action then file complaint in court u/s 156(3)

(Guest)

Refer to the judgment of Apex Court in the case of ICICI Bank and pursuant to which Apex Court suggested to draft guidelines and after the said Judgment Reserve Bank of India drafted recovery policies and procedure to carry out recovery.

1 Like

icicibankcare (Bank)     29 August 2012

Hi Rakesh,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have made a note of your contact details. Our official will get back to you soon.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Rakesh Kumar Mishra (Project Coordinator)     12 September 2012

Dear All,

I need your attention to my issue with ICICI Bank. As earlier I have mentioned that I was getting threatening calls from a recovery agent of ICICI Bank. After posting my complaint here I got revert from the ICICI Bank to resolve the issue but unfortunately they have not been processed my complaint and given me dates one after another to examining the concern. In between I got a letter from ICICI Bank stated that I have requested to settle my credit card account with the bank for Rs. 15,000/- which I have never asked for. Me and my relatives were getting threaten calls from the recovery agent and I had to stop the recovery agent so he asked me to pay Rs. 15,000/- which I had to agree. Still I want to resolve this issue but through these kind of calls and letters bank is forcing me to pay Rs. 15000/-. Similarly Bank has disobeyed the rules of RBI to call my friends and relatives I need your help to resolve this, could you help me with the next step of action to get rid of it.

With best regards

Rakesh Kumar 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register