LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (abc)     04 April 2014

Get half pension legally

My Father left us and stays away since 20yrs. He is not divorced with my Mother. My Mother bought me up with all the education and i am doing a decent job.

My Father has not spent even a single ruppee towards my education and never lived with my mother. He is retired and enjoys Good govt monthly pension and living  a lavish life.

Is there any way my mother can claim certain amount from my fathers pension, We dont even know where is he living.

My mother is also suffering from illness. Will it be a time consuming process to claim certain amount from this pension, and what is the process to do that 

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     04 April 2014

Your mother has got a right to get maintenance of about 1/3rd of his pension amount.  For finding out his address, you have to find out from which bank he is withdrawing his pension and from that pension account, you find out his residential address or try to find out his address from pension payment department.  Till you find out his address, you cannot move further.  Once you find out, getting interim maintenance order will not take more than 5 to 6 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register