LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju Parekh   15 April 2019

garage charges

I am an owner of a flat with registered agreement of flat + one enclosed garage. I have been issued valid share certificate of the flat only without mentioning anything about garage. Society is charging from beginning in it's maintenence bill Rs 300 on monthly basis as garage charges. which is being paid in total till date. Now, after ownership of flat and garage for almost 45 years, suddenly a member posed a question why are we not charging water charges and other maintenence charges on garage with retrospective effect of 45 years. Society has not issued me any share certificate of garage. Society is thinking on implementing the idea to levy charges of past 45 years. My question is 1. is it legally possible to charge for past 45 years? 2. no share certificate of garage yet can they consider as leviable unit? 3. Can they pass any such resolution to collect such charges of past 45 years? please reply.

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 April 2019

Is it a closed garage or stilt parking space? In both cases Municipal property tax and Society parking charges have to be paid. If it is a closed garage with a water connection then water consumption charges as per the Municipal bills have to be paid.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 April 2019

Further for an enclosed garage a separate sale deed has to be registered to prove ownership.

Raju Parekh   16 April 2019

thank you for reply. my agreement of flat in which garage already has been incorporated and the same agreement of flat is already registered and effective stamp duty also has been paid. there is no water connection inside the garage more so no electrical connection provided. in such scenario can society collect arrears of 45 years?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register