Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girish Paryani (Legal Professional)     31 May 2009

Franchising Agreements- Stamp & Registration

Hi Friends,

I would like to know the stamp duty and registration applicable to Franchisee Agreements. The Code and the legislation if possible.

Regards.... 

Learning

9 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     31 May 2009

Dear Girish,

Since the query is silent on the place where the agreement is being entered into I am quoting the Stamp duty as per the Indian Stamps Act:

AGREEMENT OF MEMORANDUM OF AN AGREEMENT:- not other wise provided for

(A)
Where the value

i)
 Does not exceed Rs. 5,000/-
Ten Rupees

ii)
Exceeds Rs. 5,000/- but does not exceed Rs. 20,000/-
Twenty Rupees

iii)
Exceeds Rs. 20,000/- but does not exceed Rs. 50,000/-
Fifty Rupees

iv)
Exceeds Rs. 50,000/-
One hundred rupees

Girish Paryani (Legal Professional)     01 June 2009

Hi,

well thanks for reply... i will be really great ful if u elaborate the same. The area is Mumbai and its relating to Movable property. hence whether the stamp duty quoted by you is applicable to the same. and whether it is compulsory registerable.

regards

A V Vishal (Advocate)     02 June 2009

Dear Girish

The state of Maharashtra is governed by the Bombay Stamp Act, hence the rates for agreement for franchise is different from that which is given to you under the Indian Stamp Act. I am from A P, hence, advise you to get in touch with a Mumbai Lawyer for correct details.

Adv. Lalit K. Jhunjhunwala (Lawyer)     08 June 2009

Dear Mr. Girish

You can execute the Franchisee Agreements on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 100/-.It is as per The Bombay Stamp Act 1958, Schedule - I, Clause 5(h)(B).

Hope the same will solve ypur query

Regards.

vijay Manjrekar (Lawyer)     08 June 2009

Dear Girish

The Franchise Agreement will essentially be goverened by the Contract Act, 1872 and will attract 0.1% duty under the Bombay Stamp Act, 1958 if it is executed in Mumbai.

Regards

Vijay

marisha (service)     21 August 2009

Sir,

Hello sir I would like to know your office address. So i can contact you personally.

Your office ADD. sita kunj apt. hill view area,ulhasnagar.

Thank You..

aloordmary (ipr)     23 May 2013

I have to draft a franchise agreement for Primary school in delhi. KIndly let me know the stamp duty for the same and is it mandatory to register the franchise agreement in delhi and state the authorities for registration.

Legal points to keep in mind while drafting franchise agreement.

please advise. 

Mantul Bajpai (Student)     04 December 2013

What is the provision for Distribution Agreements? What is the amount of stamp duty that needs to be paid under Bombay Stamp Act and under which Article of Bombay Stamp Act?

vipul (working executive)     17 October 2014

Dear sir, I have made frenchisee agreement duly notarised on 100/-rs stamp papers, also want to know as per agreement if franchisor not able to compeets than what or how can we fight. My mob.no 09574385434. Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register