Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Time limit to get divorce notice from court

Hi All,

My wife has filed Divorce case on 26.12.2013. Till now I didnt get Divorce notice from court.

Please advise Is there any time limit to get notice from court after filing? if so how many days it will take? When court will upload status in Internet website? Please advise. Thanks for your time.

Learning

9 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     04 January 2014

go to the court personally.

collect the summons by hand.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 January 2014

After presenting a case before the court, the court will examine and verify all the details and once satisfied about its maintainability, it will be numbered and the process for summons to the defendant/respondent will be ordered to be issued. This alone will take atleast four to five working days and after that the processing section will send the notice by post or through Ameen, it will take another 10 to15 days, your wife has filed it on 26.12.2013 only, wait for another 15 days from today.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     04 January 2014

if u want to start the proceeding early, 

check out the next date fixed, 

appear in the court and file VP.

the case will start.

no need to keep waiting for the summons - u can appear without physically getting the summons.

Sakshi Sakshi (Self employed)     05 January 2014

unless you want to prolong the case and your headache, you can go there personally and get the copyof summons.

(Guest)

Hi All, Thanks for quick advise. we have received the legal notice on 23.12.2013 asking divorce from my wife's lawyer and filed Divorce case on 26.12.2013 and my lawyer given reply telling false allegations and accepting divorce and my lawyer also filed Divorce on 2.1.2014 . Please advise is there any other way to check the status through internet? because I am staying in banglore and my wife is staying in andhra pradesh and my lawyer also staying my wife's place only. Please advise.Please advise when the status will be uploaded into internet? Thanks for quick advise.

(Guest)

Hi All,Please advise on above query.Thanks for quick response.

D Seikhar G (self)     07 January 2014

r u gone mad? give me quick reply.why you have filed divorce when your wife already filed for it? when you had recieved summon then for what purpose you have asked this query?

(Guest)

Hi All,Thanks for your time. My wife's lawyer sent to us legal notice for asking Divorce on 23.12.2013 and Divorce case filed by wife on 26.12.2013. we have received wife's lawyer legal notice on 29.12.2013. my lawyer given reply to legal notice on 2.1.2014 accepting for Divorce and same  filed Divorce petition.he has taken vakalat from me on Nov-13.  Till now we didn't receive the Divorce summon or petition copy from court and wife.I dont know what is going and if we ask to our lawyer he is not giving proper infromation.My lawyer told me we also filed for Divorce. am staying in Banglore and my wife and my lawyer staying in andhra pradesh. Is there any way to check whether Divorce filed or not by wife and my lawyer? Please advise. 

(Guest)

Hi All,Please advise on above query.Thanks for quick response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register