LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RaviSK (engineer)     24 June 2013

Wife asking property's of fathers

Hi All I Need all your valueble suggestion on the below issue. 7 years back I bought a house on Housing Loan. After 1 year I closed the Loan completly as my Father payed Total Loan amount.. But still the House was in My Name.

As I am having an End up relation with my wife she want to claim that property as anomily. At the time of repaying the Loan I had given an note to my father saying " As my father is repaying the total loan amount, Hence he has Full rights on the property when asked to retturn back." This Note was Not registered. Can this note be valid to defend, if my wife pleads for property in the court? Please suggest me if there is any alternate to defend my wife plea on this property.

Thanks Ravi

Learning

3 Replies

shriks........... (healyhcare)     24 June 2013

1.a gift deed paying a full stamp duty, gifting the said property to your father and getting it registered in registrar office would solve your problem.
2. else sell it and keep money as cash which no one can take easily .

3. court cannot attach gifted properties, a gift is irrevocable as agreed by few experts in  this forum.....

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 June 2013

Transfer if any should be for consideration.

Gifts can be made void.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     24 June 2013

On the basis of above note you can transfer your property to your father as for consideration of paying your housing loan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register