Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (Software Engineer)     12 February 2013

Legal time for full & final settlement

Hello,

I was working for a MNC, which I resigned before 1 month, after serving the notice period of 3 months.

After frequent calls & mails, I could get the relieving letters after 25 days, but I have not yet got the final settlement amount, even after 1 month.

Concerned people are not replying to the mails also.

Please let me know the maximum legal time for the Full & Final settlement.

If the company fails to pay the same/delaying the same, what is the legal action I can take against the company ?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ravi

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 February 2013

Ideally it should be the usual pay day.

In addition to the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, several states also provide for compliances under the Shops & Establishment Acts, Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act, and the like.

The SE act is applicable to IT companies.

Some states had granted blanket exemption from provisions of IESO Act to IT companies.

State of Karnataka has now ended this blanket exemption from provisions of IESO Act to IT companies. Thus all companies should frame standing orders for certification by certifying officer and till then model standing orders shall apply.

SCHEDULE I

[1][MODEL STANDING ORDERS IN RESPECT OF INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS NOT BEING

INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS IN COAL MINES]

13.  Termination of employment: (3)               Where the employment of any workmen is terminated, the wages earned by him and other dues, if any, shall be paid before the expiry of the second working day from the day on which his employment is terminated.

SE Act: e.g. SE Act Delhi:

19. TIME AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT OF WAGES.

21.  CLAIMS RELATING TO WAGES.

37.  POWERS AND DUTIES OF INSPECTOR.

COMMENTS

(b) Duties of the Inspector :

(h)  that the wages and other dues are being paid to employees in time as required under the Act;

(i)  that in dispensing with the services of an employee the provision of the Act and Rules have been complied with and no  dues payable under the Act or Rules have been withheld;

Then Payment of Wages Act is applicable:

THE PAYMENT OF WAGES ACT, 1936

2. Definitions.-

3*[(vi) "wages" means

(d) any sum which by reason of the termination of employment of the person employed is payable under any law, contract or instrument which provides for the payment of such sum, whether with or without deductions, but does not provide for the time within which the payment is to be made;

Attached File : 356923017 model%20standing%20orders.doc downloaded: 417 times

Arpit (Associate)     13 February 2013

Ravi,

You can send a legal notice to your employers demanding them the total sum owed to you. You have rights under various labour laws like payment of wages act, minimum wages act and shops and establishment act for your salary to be paid to you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register