Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PT (NA)     28 January 2013

Clarification of stay order

Hello,

A complaint under sec 12 of Domestic Violence Act was filed on me by my ex-wife in the Magistrate Ct. I filed a Stay and Quash Petition u/s 482 Cr.P.C. in the High Ct. The Honble High Ct ruled on 08.04.2010 the stay as follows:

"When the present petition has been taken up for consideration today, the defacto complainant/ wife and the petitioner have agreed to get the matter resolved through the xxx mediation and conciliation centre.

2. Accordingly, the matter is referred to xxx mediation and conciliation center for effecting mediation and to resolve the dispute between the petitioner and defacto complainant.

3. Parties are directed to appear before the xxx mediation and conciliation center on 16.04.2010 and report the outcome of the said mediation to this court.

4. Post on 20.04.2010. Till then, there should be an order of interim stay notice."

The mediation concluded (failed) by 2010 end. However, based on above stay order the case did not proceed and adjournments continued until now. Now the DVA complainant is pushing the magistrate to start trial. 

Q1) Per my lawyer, Honble Judge posted matter on 20.04.2010 to see if parties agreed to undergo mediation. Further not sure if results of mediation was communicated to the Honble court. Further the Quash petition in the same case is pending

Q2) Does the STAY hold? Is the honble magistrate justified in opening trial

Q3) I am planning to re-open the Crl.O.P in the high court to seek extended stay until disposal of Quash. Is this the right strategy?

Thanks for your help

Learning

2 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     28 January 2013

Stay is valid as the High court did not vacate it later though if the mediation failed the HC will vacate the stay and dismiss your petition on  the next listing. The reason being it would not hold the trial.

This is just a delaying measure and HC dates listing dont get fast.

You wont get any further relief from HC. The opposite party would try to get the stay vacated but the magistrate court cannot proceed unless HC orders for vacation of stay are granted.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 January 2013

Shah Bano case and 498A are the worst gifts of Congress regime.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register