Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema (Consultant)     27 October 2012

Charitable trust or organization

Hi

I would like to set aside certain funds from my salary each month for a social cause, and instead of giving this money to an NGO, I tried exploring various options on internet for establishing NGO and trust for said purposes, NGO requires minimum of seven person, whereas in my case I want to get started in my individual capacity for time being, and felt trust may be a better option. I would like to establish a trust, and use the money available in trust for social causes.

1) For trust, In several places, there is a mention of property - I would like to cross verify that the property here may mean fund available, or does it necessarily mean land/house. I want to start with money only. Please confirm if this understanding is correct

2) Can a trustee and settler be same person, I read in some place, that it is possible, would like to seek opinion.

3) I am currently in Maharshtra,  and may be relocating to NCR after sometime, Would a trust established in one state, can be operated from another.

Any inputs/suggestions will be of great help.

Regards

Seema

Learning

1 Replies

Seema (Consultant)     30 October 2012

Any thoughts, Suggestions...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register