LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Huned Karjatwala (Manager)     08 May 2011

Giving apartment on lease - most safest legal route

I have an apartment in Mumbai and would like to give it on rent. 

I have the following questions :

a)  Which is the safest way to give apartment on rent (whatever it may cost) so that the tenant will not be able to create any problem for me and I will be able to get the property back within appropriate notice period.

b)  How good are the lease agreements enforseable by law if the tenant breaches them ?

c)  Which is more safe - giving on rent to individual or a company ?

d)  Is it more safer to lease property to foreigners ? Is it more easier to enforce the lease agreement ?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     09 May 2011

GIVE THE HOUSE ON RENT FOR 11 MONTHS AFTER EXECUTING ONE AGREEMENT IN RS.10/- NON-JUDICIAL STAMP PAPER BY ACCEPTING 2 MONTHS RENT IN ADVANCE & KEEPING A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT AS SECURITY(REFUNDABLRE WITHOUT INTEREST AT THE TIME OF VACATING THE TENANTED PREMISES. EVEN AFTER SUCH PRECAUTION THERE WILL BE ANY PROBLEM/DISPUTE THEN PLZ. CONSULT WITH A SOUND CIVIL LAW PRACTITIONER TO MOVE THE COMPETENT COURT OF LAW FOR EVICTION & REALISATION OF AREAR HOUSE RENT.

Hardeep (Business)     10 May 2011

Well , going by the state of law as it seems to be prevalent presently, there is NO "safest way " to give your property on rent and be confident that it will be vacated per the contractual provisions when you want it to !!

You may like to visit the thread on :

www.tiny.cc/tenant

where precisely this issue - validity and enforceability of a Tenancy Contract - is being talked about .

Maybe my more learned friends have something more encouraging  / substantive to add ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register