Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (abc)     27 April 2011

When to pay one time settlement before or after divorce

Dear All,

After Threatening to file a 498a, wife has  agreed for one time settlement with mutual divorce.when should i pay that amount to her, after the divorce has been accepted after 6 months and passed by the court or before that.

I have heard that she can contest or reopen the case again after the judgement has been passed.

what are the safeguards to be taken so that she does not file/threaten to file a 498a again after divorce or she does not contest the divorce after some time,as they are highly unethical people who can do anything for some money.

I would higly appreciate if someone gives me an agreement format for settlement of amount.

Regards

Vijay

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 April 2011

@ Author

There are several carrots and stick one can done with it finally;

Scenario 1: File agreement deed along with first motion and get recorded the deed and statement of parties and along with you may deposit with Court full agreed amount by way of a DD with direction for its removal once 498a qushed.

Scenario 2: File agreement deed along with first motion and get recorded the deed and statement of parties and along with you may give to her 50% amount and deposit with Court 50% agreed amount by way of a DD with direction for its removal once 498a qushed.

Scenario 3: File agreement deed along with first motion and get recorded the deed and statement of parties and along with you may give to her 25% amount and deposit with Court 75% agreed amount by way of a DD with direction for its removal once 498a qushed.

Scenario 4: File all possible counter cases and wait to see her hair turn grey and then she comes begging to you for no cost MCD then you give her nothing.

No Option scenario = Now when SC is opening and sending cases to larger Bench for further clarity and or interpretation then in such expected casting couch scenarios think about it and welcome to Indian Men’s Rights Group.

Vijay (abc)     14 May 2011

Hi all,

All this while i was trying to negotiate a settlement process with my wife and her family (pack of hooligans/rowdies). They demand the following

1) 4.5 lacs as one time settllement ( i have agreed to it)

2) case to pe put in a court near to her residence (i agreed to it also)

3)money to deposited in court before or at the time of first hearing

now this is where i feel a bit scared as if they do not turn up for the second hearing after six months what will

1) happen to my money that i have deposited

2) how much time and effort will it take to get the deposited money back

3) what is the process to deposit the money in court

4) what if after 6 months my wife demands more money and refuses to turn up in court.(She is a greedy.....)

Regards

Vijay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More