LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh (assistant)     22 March 2011

quarry for property of grandfather

Sir, i want to know about my share in property of my grandfather. My grand father have 2 sons. One is my father and the other son is elder then my father. My fathers brother does not have any son but have the only daughter and we are 3 sister and me. As i mentiond thet my fathers brother does not have any son so he has adopted her daughters son for the propety. As my father always reside at mumbai only hence he and we does not visited our home toun. Me and my family visited near by 15years ago that time only my uncle was residing that place but after our visit that adopted son also started residing at the same place to get the property. As he was adopted by my uncle he is also have right but the point is that he is not following the name of my uncle and uses his original fathers name all over. I dont know that he got the transfer done of property on his name or not. Now i want to know that does i have the right to ask my share in that property as my father is no more and if he yes then what should i do. The property is in Sikar ( Rajasthan).

please help me out.

Learning

2 Replies

Karl Jacob (Partner/Advocate)     22 March 2011

Leave alone your uncle's grandson. 

You and your 3 sisters have equal share (i.e.1/4 each) in half of your grand father's property which is your father's share.

That is you and your 3 sisters have 1/8th share each in your grandfather's properties. 

2 Like

saurabh (assistant)     23 March 2011

Sir,

Thank you for your assistant. As I have visited my home last week and I dont think that they want to give any share to us and I don't have any document related to property. What should we do to take our share. As we are in very poor condition hence we can't afford the expences of legel suit please guide.

Thanks once again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register