LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

popat (o)     12 March 2011

property

We have a ancestoral property which was made 5-6 generaion back . By continuous distribution my grandfather got 3 out of 7 houses . He then made a will giving 1 house to two brothers each by a will .that will was challenged in court but the failed and the will remain prevailed ,so my father got 1house by court order and his name was written on the nagar nigam paper .Then he written a will makig his 3 sons as the owner of the house and he has done a partition. So we 3 brothers got our share . Recently we thought of selling the house so our 3 siters out of 4 have moved to court to get equal share of amount .Out of these 3 sisters 2 have already signed on stamp paper that they agree on father will . Do these sisters have to be given equal amount on the basis of the ancestoral property law of Hindu families ?We are hindus , suggest some legal option available to us . We have papers regarding courts order giving my father the pogestion of the house , fathers will , 2 sisters acceptance of will .

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 March 2011

Your sisters have got equal rights over the ancetral property.  Mere written agreement to the will is not sufficient.  Your sisters had to exeucte the rights relinquish deed of their share.  It is better to compromise with them.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     12 March 2011

better enter in to a family arrangement deed between all the co-sharers. Then you can proceed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register