Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramachandran (Vedic Scholar)     05 July 2010

Upper Class waiting hall at Chennai Egmore

Dear Sirs,

On 5th June 2010, I was holding an upper class reservation ticket from Egmore to Trichy, and arrived the station one hour before time and train was late by 40 mts as usual. Then I went for the upper class waiting roo(rest room ) for using bath room, but was asked to pay Rs 10 for two hrs as it is A/C  and on contract. I was denied permission to use the toilet and there was no rest room for passengers holding Upper class reservation.

Then I lodged a complaint with the officials Vide Folio No 28331 dtd 5th June 2010. I received an ack from  DRM office of Southern Railways on  5th July 2010 (No: M/G.50/S/415B/10 dated 24th June 2010), the Railway would consider if the waiting hall for passengers holding  Class tickets is feasible.

I could not understand the meaning  "If feasible.". The Railways collects a good amount for the ticket that includes the felicity  for providing a rest room.

So, my right to utilize the service for which I paid is violated and denied.

Is it possible to take this to the consumer court?

--
Ramachandran

Learning

4 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     05 July 2010

sure it is a deficiency in service but you need to prove the denial which occured to you.

Ramachandran (Vedic Scholar)     05 July 2010

I am having the copy of the complaint I made and also has the reply from Southrn Railways

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     06 July 2010

That is the reply given by Railway stating that action will be taken if found and not the proof for collecting any such amount

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     29 April 2013

The evasive reply by the railways would be addressed if a case is filed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register