LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asha   05 February 2019

Maintenance case

Hi, My husband is in abroad. He has sent a divorce notice to me and now i have applied for maintenance case(crpc 125). Maintence case petition was sent to him to the abroad address provided in the divorce petition.But the post sent to him has returned back,saying he does not stay in that address.Looks like he has changed the address at abroad. so,i am not sure where he is staying. In this case a)how do i proceed further with my maintenance case. b)How can i get a maintenance. Need advice on this.Please help on this query.

Learning

4 Replies

Martin S.   05 February 2019

Originally posted by : Asha
Hi, My husband is in abroad. He has sent a divorce notice to me and now i have applied for maintenance case(crpc 125). Maintence case petition was sent to him to the abroad address provided in the divorce petition.But the post sent to him has returned back,saying he does not stay in that address.Looks like he has changed the address at abroad. so,i am not sure where he is staying.

In this case a)how do i proceed further with my maintenance case. b)How can i get a maintenance.

Need advice on this.Please help on this query.

By the by, why are you not with your husband? This is my first question to you.  This you have not mentioned anywhere in your story.

First you should have gathered his account number, patta number of property in his name, his parents names, you should have kept track of his emails to know who all he talks to, just to make sure where he will jump in his jobs.

You should have collected screenshots, videos of the above and preserved it without his knowledge.

Then when he would have filed for divorce as he did, you could have filed maintenance stating that he abandonded you and you are now on the streets and that you want maintenance from him.
You  could have used the above proofs to trace him even if he changed his address.

But now am afraid you cannot do all that.

It appears that your husband was more smarter than you.

Even if he has girlfriend abroad or even married some girl or guy you cant do much.

You can file some cases on him like dowry case etc but when persons address is not known, whom will you send the notice?  Giving notification to paper and making his parents take notice will be of  no use.

Now answer my question and I will tell you how to extract maintenance from absconding husband.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     06 February 2019

Please repley the below quetions;

In which country he is right now ?

The divorce notice is through some lawyer or by himself ?

You have any idea in which company he is doing the job?

Any socail meaid account ?

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     06 February 2019

Please repley the below quetions;

In which country he is right now ?

The divorce notice is through some lawyer or by himself ?

You have any idea in which company he is doing the job?

Any socail meaid account ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 February 2019

"Divorce Notice" what is it? So also, what are the grounds on which maintainance is sought?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register