LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Milan   03 August 2018

Ancestral property query

Hi All Experts, Please guide me with this. We have an ancestral property in Chandannagar, West Bengal. It is a one old built-up House, which is divided into 4 parts, one part is ours, which we want to sell out. Please provide with the step by step complete legal procedure for the same. Registration is completed, it's on my father's name. My father inherited the property.

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     03 August 2018

1. When you say that it is divided into 4 parts and one part is ours - what do you mean?  Do you mean to say that proper partition was done amongst the legal heirs?

2. When you say that Registration is completed, I take it that there is Registered document of title in favour of your father.  Pl confirm.

3. Whether your father is alive?   

Milan   03 August 2018

1. The boundry is properly demacrated in property Plan, but the physical boundary is yet not built.

2. Yes, Court Registry is done by respective legal heirs. The document is present.

3. Yes, he is alive and doing good. 

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     03 August 2018

If your father's portion is clearly mentioned in the Registered Document, then he can sell the same.

First identify a prospective buyer, show him your portion of the property, discuss with him the price which your father desires to get, show him the photocopy of the document, if he is willing - then get in touch with a local lawyer, get the agreement properly drafted and then proceed according to the agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register