LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ananda Samal   18 July 2018

Can i file case against sbi for 1yrs old incident

Dear Sirs/Madams, 1. Last year before sept17 i have issued my daughter's school fees thru State Bank of Travancore(SBT) & this bank was merged with SBI on July17 but cheques of this back(SBT) was valid till sept17 as per their sms & emails. 2. If spite of their communication of cheque validity till sept17, they returned two cheques fees & debited my account with dishonoured chgs twice. 3. for this I approached SBI next day they returned my debited amt to my account but my school has already charged penalty for this twice dishonour issue and i paid extra for this with fees. My question is that though the sbi refunded my dishonoured amt but sbi made me to pay extra as penalty to my school for twice dishonour incident and made me to loose my face before the school. If we can file a case and get a compensation for this. If yes, then pl guide me with your valuable advice. With rgds, A Samal

Learning

5 Replies

Vikas Tiwari (Advocate)     18 July 2018

Time limit to file a case in consuer forum against banks is 2 years from the date of deficiency in service.

Hope you have mad written complaints to bank?

and also replies of the bank against your complaint?

Time limit to file a case in consuer forum against banks is 2 years from the date of deficiency in service. Hope you have made written complaints to bank? and you also have replies of the bank against your complaints? as it will be helpful to file a complaint.

Ananda Samal   18 July 2018

thanks for your reply, but i was carrying a written complaint for the same which they had not acceted but they promised to return the debited amt next day which they did. i have no acknowledgment of this. but my school charged the penalty from me.

(Guest)

Wrong advice given by above fellow advocate.  You crack them through RTI.  Thse scoundlrse will get away and make you roam till NCDRC for next 20 years if you appraoch counsmer court.

Mr. Ramoji Kumar please learn how to behave with civilised people / how to behave on a public forum….

Advice was given according to the question raised by the querist.... Can he file complaint or not? Answer is he can….

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More