LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

H   07 July 2018

Freeze of joint account

Hello, my father expired last year he had a joint account with my mother. The LIC amount after father's death was transfered to the joint account from my mother's account in another bank. In the joint account when it was transfered mistakenly FD was made of that amount without a nominee. And when we submitted a letter for removal of my father's name from the account the bank freezes that account and gives a new customer ID n passed for my mother's aacount. Due to which the FD are freeze and the bank are asking for succession certificate which is expensive and takes time What can be done ?? Please kindly help with examples of any law . Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

shaik.satharbibi (lawyer)     07 July 2018

you submitted succession certificate.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2018

There is some confusion some where.  Contact personally and sort it out first as to the first necessity of nomination in joint account, and the relation between FD and other accoun where the proceeds were lying.  If you want guidance, please post details using X :Father: Y  Mother  A: First Bank  B: second bank etc.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     07 July 2018

What is the operation condition of the said joint account of your Father and Mother. If it is either or survivor, bank has to remove your father's name from the account based on Death Certificate submitted by your Mother and a simple form they shall give.  

Making a deposit out of such joint account after your father died? Was it requested by your mother or originally when account was opened, there was a sweep out clause? In either case, the deposit must have been opened in joint name with the same operation condition. Please go the bank discuss the matter with the Branch Manager and other Officials concerned and get the matter sorted out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register