LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sakthivel   17 November 2017

Credit card payment issue

I have 2 lack credit for which i am paying minimum due for past 6 month.last 2 month i couldn't do minimum due do to my financial problem.i have requested them to give 2 months time to settle the balance due. they asked me to make at least one month due to get some time to settle the balance,some how i arranged the money to make payment but in the mean time without my knowledge they have deducted the amount which got deposited in my account.i felt shocked to see such kind of action from bank. can bank have the right to do such kind of action with out giving any notice. while i am putting all my effort to settle the balance due i find these kind of action is disrespect to the customer, even i felt unsecured.

can i go for legal action against bank.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 November 2017

What is respect and what is disrespect is not known in your issue.   When you have borrowed something, you have to repay as per terms and conditions and can not impose your own terms and conditions on bank, unless they agreed to your terms in writing.

If you wanted to go for legal action against bank, seek your pleasure and get strictures in return complicating the issue further.  The fundamental thing is a litigant must approach the bank with clean hands.

Bank has every right to exercise their right of general lien, but the only condition is that they have to give such intimation before appropriating, and keep that fund in credit till certain days as stated in their notice.

Bank's enjoy the right of general lien from inception, and this right was never challenged or agreed unconstitutional in any judgment so far.

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     18 November 2017

As per the narration given by you, it is not a wise idea to go in for any litigation or legal action.  You may go in for a OTS and close the account ASAP otheriwise you may land in seroius problem. 

sakthivel   18 November 2017

In my case with out any intimation general lien is imposed by the Bank. Due to this i suffered in the travel without cash  even even my vehicle fuel. I am saying this action is disrespect. Infact that deducted  amount is arranged for creditcard due and 2000 extra for my travel expence.But before i pay they automatically deducted all the amount .

Now how to handle this issue. still the lien is active and they are asking me to settele the pending minumum due whci is around 30000 otherwise i cant use that account.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 November 2017

Do not use that account further.

The terms and conditions entered while availing credit card you have accepted the Bankiers Right of General lien.

On one side you state that you do not have cash for vehicle fuel, on the other hand you wish to fight with a Bank in court  that is having lot of resources and manpower to handle litigation issues, which expenses in turn will be debited to your account.

Just write a protest letter complaining against such debiting and how their debit without prior intimation affected you and ask them to reverse the amount, as there is deficiency of serice.  Do not expect any favour in return.   This is just to satisfy your feelings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register