LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swati   17 July 2017

Marriage registration

Hi we have done marriage in mandir and register in high court. But we dnt want to tell my parents about that i want to convience them normally. But our lawyer said that notice will go girls home. Is that correct

Learning

10 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 July 2017

Yes. Before solemnizing the marriage, the marriage officer/marriage registrar will send notices to the concerned and also get it published in Public offices.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     17 July 2017

As such no high court register any such marriage. It is the office of registrar of marriage where marriage is registered. It is only in case of court marriage the notice are sent to public inviting objection otherwise in case if registration of marriage no such notice is issued. As such there is no procedure. 

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     18 July 2017

I concur with Mr. Kavk Satyanarayana's opinion.

Swati   18 July 2017

We hve applied for protection also but actually we dont need this , our lawyer insist us

Swati   18 July 2017

In that case will notice go to girl house

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     18 July 2017

No. in case of registration of marriage no notice is sent to any relative.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2017

Well analysed, opined and advised by expert Mr. Sidharath Srivastav, I fully agree and appreciate.

@ Swati,

You have stated to have not been disclosed the marriage to parents, which was solemanised in Mandir, what sort of notice and protection do you (your lawyer) mean to say?  

28 days notice for intimation regarding "intended marriage" under the provisions of Special Marriage Act is being displayed on the notice board of Registrar of Marriages before registration.

In your case marriage has already been solemanized in Mandir as per Hindu rites and customs,(probably it must have been consumed as well, after your physical relation). Avoid the absurd and wrong advise of your lawyer regarding notice.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     19 July 2017

Sir (Dr. J.C.Vashishta) Thanks for your kind appreciation. Sidharth Srivastav

Swati   19 July 2017

Thank you soo much for your kind advice sidharth

Swati   19 July 2017

Hello Dr J.C I think our lawyer has misguided us and taken our 40k. We have only mandir marriage certificate with us. And he said we have to apply for protection in court and file the case in high court and then he said we hve come in court and judge asked something to lawyer but dnt know and then. Lawyer said you people have to go girls hometown police station and tell them we dnt need protection otherwise they will go girl home

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register