Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

girish   27 February 2016

Difference between pay protection and pay fixation

Sirs,

I am a re-employed ex-servicemen in Food Corporation of India. I have gone though a lot of correspondence regarding pay protection / pay fixation of ex-servicemen. Infact, pay is fixed for ex-servicemen who are remployed in banks and other PSUs.

However, my case has been returned by FCI HQrs due to some anomoly. They have quoted DOPT letter No 05.04.2010 (attached) where in, two terms, Pay Protection (Para 2 first row) and Pay fixation (para 2 second rows and continued). So, now I have to convice them that my case is not for Pay Protection, but for pay fixation. However, they are still presuming both terms as one only.

Experts like you can help me in this. Can you please tell me what is Pay Protection and what is Pay Fixation?

Thanking you in anticipation,

Sincerely,

Girish M.

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 February 2016

If a govt employee in the present department is selected to the post, higher than the present post in another department , then his pay in the previous department will be protected in the new post in the new department and then it will be fixed in the new post.  in every department/organisation, the pay will be fixed at the time of appointment to special grades or promotions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register