LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek patil (ceo)     27 December 2015

Tenant sublease

Dear Sir/Madam,Tthere are 15 tenants in my chawl running shops located in Mumbai one of the tenant has given his shop on rent/sublet since last 15 years and not paying rent to landlord didnt bother at all and keeps saying not given shop on lease he says he is doing it in partnership without any written documents so there is no proof.Only through the man who run the shop told me orally and he is giving monthly fixed amount to my original tenant. So my question is that how to prove that my original tenant has given it on sublease.The man who runs shop is a Hindu and kept hinu god photo frames and even name of shop is hindu style.and original tenant is non hindu there was a different name then when he used to run the shop.

Please guide me in this instace.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

That is abuse of tenancy and your original tenant can be evicted. But you got to prove this. 

1. Do youhaveany written agreement with original tenant

2.Did he isue any cheque? by what name?

3.What was name of his shop

4. You first issue notice of eviction to that fellow whow as original for sub letting. letbhim deny this. Then  talk to current tenant that he should give rent to you as that guy already admitted fact .So either he goes out or the current tenant goes out.

5. Please tyr to find with what name he is runnign current firm. Is it properietary shop? By whose name ., You can get copy of his registration from sales tax department/Municipal tax he must have deposited. 

You got to have some prrof like photographs of man sitting in shop , his name and address etc.

6. take both of them to court . One has to speak truth. If former denies tenancy he looses current payments in future and also right on shop.

If he admits tenancy he ahs to explain why thatguy is sitting in shop and why he is not paying you? Tenant has to give proof of payments or depsoit in court. 

(Guest)

In Kolkatta tenants push their property further to another tenant but the new rent is shared by ealrier one with owner or landlord also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register