LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dont call   01 December 2015

Annulement of marriage on non consummate ground

Q: Hello I got married as per hindu tradition, but after marriage on first night girl told me that she doesn�t like me and she don�t want to stay with me and would like to pursue her studies and career. I respected her decision and she left my house after three days. Our marriage never got consummated and after three months of this incident we had meeting with family elders in which it was decided that girl and boy should get separated. We documented everything in a 100 Rs stamp paper along with signature of 5 relatives from each side that (1) It was girl and boys decision not to carry on with this marriage (2) we never had any physical relation during these 3 days (3) All the girls belonging were returned and monetary issues like wedding expense got settled by cheque. (4) Although it is case of annulled marriage but neither I can press charges on girl�s family for getting her married to me against her will as they are in our relationship, Nor girl would press any false charges on me. It�s been 10 months now and both parties don�t have any contact with each other. Neither girl nor her family have any objection in me getting married, but they don�t want tag of divorcee for us as we only had only 7 pheras together in name of marriage. The issue now is :- Do I need to legally take divorce from girl even when our marriage was never consummated? Does taking only 7 pheras considered to be marriage even when it is never consummated and not even registered? How can I get this marriage annulled without filling any criminal case against girl or her family? Can this marriage be annulled if both parties agree on this case and how long it would take to get it annulled in court. So Even if I get married again can girl or any third party file case on me in future? What is the way out as my query is not about how to take divorce but how not to go through that procedure as the truth is, two individuals never entered into married life.

Learning

6 Replies

Please help as i need to take decision

b.goheel   01 December 2015

gud word u choose still u wish someone communicate.
evn children of kg level knw tht only girl side can file criminal cases w/o valid evidence and not man side.
appreciate ur feeling towards current as well future well beings of girl but does not mention tht it is self generated.
atleast u shld hv consult and take into confidence of girl side also in ur endeavor and file the petition of ur desire.
thats simple.
wish u best of luck in ur endeavor.

b.goheel   01 December 2015

u write " Neither girl nor her family have any objection in me getting married, but they don�t want tag of divorcee for us "
wish every men in india r lucky to hv the nature of ur in-laws in their in-laws.

" So Even if I get married again can girl or any third party file case on me in future? "
fear is true for the remarriage w/o divorce. but it is frm the person who told the world thrgh this public platform of hw his in-law and girl does not wish divorce tag on u.

meaning of DIVORCEE is once married tht too evn nursery student understand.
so r u testing the IQ of the seniors ?

But i also mentioned that we nver entred into marriage relation so how could our marriage be valid..and when it is not valid then y to go for divorcee..

But i also mentioned that we nver entred into marriage relation so how could our marriage be valid..and when it is not valid then y to go for divorcee..

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 December 2015

File your case u/s 12of hindu marriage act to make your marriage annulled on the ground of non consummated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register