Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashwin   25 October 2015

Legal options on agreement date

Dear all,

need advice on what I can do..here is my situation

i had booked a flat by online transfer and also cheque payments for 50% so that I can get some discounts.. This was in Dec 2014...he had promised that the possession will be in Dec 2016.. Since past 1year now I have been running behind to put that date and the builder is not agreed to..he say standard clause is 5 yrs.. And they have not started a bit of work..and saying 2018 is when they will give possession.

I am asking for refund and they are saying it will not be before rebooking..which will not happen since they are not doing any advertising or marketing.. Also they have a bad name in market now ...I am in a hopeless situation.. I am stuck and have invested all of my saving..stupidly... Need advice on what options I have..

Regards

Ashwin

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 November 2015

You may communicate in writing to the builder that you are cancelling the booking and demand him to return the amount paid as advance.  Send the communication by registered post and have an acknowledgement.  If the builder is not responding nor complying with your demand, you may drag him to the consumer forum seeking refund as well as compensations for mental torture and deficiency of service.  Simultaneously you may file a money recovery suit too if you have not claimed refund through consumer forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register