Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zuniee (Engineer)     24 August 2015

What is case type sc

Respected Sir,

My wife has filed 498A along with 307, 144,147, many more sections. Case is under trail in Addnl Sessions Court and Case Type is showing as SC.

Can some one tell me what is SC means and Difference between SC and S.C. Thanks in Advance

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 August 2015

Have U obtained AB or regular bail in 498A?

SC means show cause to the accused.Read the following:

A court order, made upon the motion of an applicant, that requires a party to appear and provide reasons why the court should not perform ornot allow a particular action and mandates this party to meet the Prima Facie case set forth in the complaint or Affidavit of the applicant.

A show cause order, also called an order to show cause, mandates that an individual or corporation make a court appearance to explain whythe court should not take a proposed action. A court issues this type of order upon the application of a party requesting specific relief andproviding the court with an affidavit or declaration (a sworn or affirmed statement alleging certain facts). A show cause order is generally usedin Contempt actions, cases involving injunctive relief, and situations where time is of the essence.

Zuniee (Engineer)     25 August 2015

Yes! me and my family members have the bail, since last 8 months I have been requesting to frame charges so that trail can be quick. But Judge Sir is not doing charge framing only.

I thought SC stands for : Serious Crime or Special Case ..

Thank you very much for the clarififcations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More