LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (M)     06 May 2015

Urgent advice needed on cr p c 91 dismissal in 498a/406 case

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ON CR P C 91 dismissal in 498A/406 case----common to many of us

Seniors, members pls ADVICE,

This is common for most of us.........many could be helped including me.... so pls give your valuable advice..

My challan (final report/ charge-sheet) was filed in Sep' 12 , i filed an application  91 CR P C in court and mentioned that the investigation was biased and i mentioned that police did not enclosed the evidences and applications filed with the Police before the chalan was filed. I gave to them during investigation. Some applications/ complaints including request for fair and proper investigation, RTI replies , police commissioner circulars for fair and proper investigation and some court citations were given even before the FIR. That I have the acknowledgement on every document from the Police. 

I had also filed written arguments u/s 91 CR P C along with case laws. 

Current stage: Charges not framed, next hearing arguments on charge/ discharge applications pending before the court

I had requested the judge that these docs got evidential value and argued that the IO with malafide intention and in collusion with the de-facto complainant has not produced them on records with the charge-sheet etc etc..

I had been seeking docs u/s 91 CR P C which are already part of the file (my docs) and were in posession of the Police- IO since year' 2011-12.

That some evidences were filed with my Anticipatory Bail (AB) application with annexures in April'12 and we filed 3 copies at the filing section of the court 1 for the judge, 1 for PP and 1 for the IO and since the IO had in posession some evidences attached with the AB he should have investigated and then filed the charge-sheet. That the charge-sheet does not  have a single paper of mine and not plcaed in the judicary file.

i have been told you can bring the same at the time of defence. 

That the IO states in writing that the docs asked by the accused has nothing to do with the FIR, complaint and nothing to do with investigation. Also, PP/ opposite counsel has attached 1 judgment from Apex court i.e SC i.e. State of Orissa vs Debendra Nath Padhi : 2005 (1) R.C.R. (Criminal) 297 which states that accused has no right to produce any material at the time of framing charges or taking cognizance. It also mentions that accused cannot seek any aid of Section 91 CrPC at this stage.

Is it that accused documents are not attached with the charge-sheet and his evidences given by him to police during investigation and AB will be discarded.

Among the evidences one includes Hotel bill (marriage exp) borne by us but claimed by the opposite party in their LIST. That the bill is in our name and the opposite party/ State has attached any doc in this regard. That there are many other evidences that directly refutes their claim and shows that its a frivolous LIST etc.. 

Reason for the excercise: That the docs can help me at this stage - - - that our applicatons and evidences were neither seen nor fair investigation done rather its tainted & manipulated and false case filed.

QUERY: 

MY QUERY IS WHETHER TO GO FOR REVISION IN THE SESSIONS OR WRIT IN THE HIGH COURT with some HC and SC citations OR NOT GO FOR ANYTHING IN REGARD TO DISMISSAL OF CR P C 91 APPLICATION.

OR THAT MY PURPOSE IS SOLVED SINCE I HAVE ATTACHED THE SAID DOCS WITH THE DISCHARGE APPLICATIONS OF MY PARENTS SO WHY ASK THE IO TO ATTACH WITH THE CHARGE-SHEET, I SHOULD WAIT FOR THE ARGUMENTS AND IF CHARGES FRAMED LET IT BE FRAMED.

WHY I AM RAISING THIS QUESTION IS THAT according to my understanding the arguments for discharge will consists of what of all docs the prosecution sends u/s 173 cr p c and since there is limited scope u/s 239 CR P C for the docs send by the prosecution but u/s 227 cr p c defence docs are also seen at the discharge stage (however it is a session court trial) and the docs that were in their possesion before the charge-sheet is filed inclusive of the docs given by the accused.

Below IS THE ORDER GIVEN BY the MM:

I am doing work of link MM as well. 

Present. Ld. APP for State.

Accused .........in person. 

Remaining accused exempted till further orders. 

Today matter   is   listed  for   clarifications   /  orders  on  the 

application u/s 91 Cr.P.C moved on behalf of the accused ............. 

Reply to the application has been filed by the IO. 

Arguments on the application were heard. 

Accused  submits   that   certain documents   i.e  anticipatory

bail application with list of documents exhibited in April 2012 is not

included as part of the charge sheet. 

Accused   submits   that   these   applications   /   synopsis   /

documents   are   of   evidential   value   in   this   case   and   hence,   he   has

requested that the IO be directed to furnish documents on record. 

Reply filed by the IO / SHO perused. 

Ld. APP submits that the present FIR has been registered

on the complaint filed by the complainant  and all the

contents have been investigated and after investigation, this charge sheet

was filed on 04.9.2012 and is pending trial. Documents required by the

accused   are   not   contents   of   the   FIR.  He   has   also  mentioned   other

documents i.e his complaint / applications filed with the PS ...........

along with the complaint / application by the co accused ............... is

mentioned  in  the application have not  been made part  of   the  record.

Also, reply to the list has not been made part of the charge sheet by the

IO. The previous marriage dispute details and photographs and affidavit

of   relatives,   details   of   the   phone   calls   and   hotel   bills  which  were

annexed by  the accused  that  the anticipatory bail application have not

been made part  of   the charge sheet  by  the  IO and not   related  to  the

complaint of the complainant or to the investigation of this case. 

Ld.   APP   submits   that   in   case   he   wishes   to   use

information / documents before the Court in his defence at the time of

trial,   he   can   get   the   same   summoned   from  the   concerned   Court.

Documents, if any, as alleged by the accused were filed by him before

the   Ld.   Sessions   Court   at   the   time   of   moving   anticipatory   bailapplication and the same may be available in records of the Ld. Sessions 

Court. 

Ld.  APP submits  that   it  is not a case  that   the IO  to call

records of the Ld. Sessions Court and in case accused wishes to get the

same summoned for his defence,  he can do so by moving appropriate

application at the time of his defence. 

Heard. File perused. 

From the application moved by the accused, it is clear that

he   has   mentioned   that   he   moved   documents   for   anticipatory   bail

application which is part of the record with the Ld. Sessions Court. 

Keeping in view the facts and circumstances of the matter

and investigation is already complete to record which accused is asking

for his part of the bail application filed by him with the Sessions court at

the   time   of   anticipatory   bail  which   in   case   he  wishes,   he   can   get

summoned for his defence at the relevant stage. Hence, this application

u/s 91 Cr.P.C moved on behalf of the accused at this stage is uncalled for

. Hence, application stands dismissed. 

Learning

1 Replies

Jeetender Gupta (Advocate)     07 May 2015

Don't mix argument on charge & trial. Most evidence & witness come in picture at the time of trial. Argument on charge is more on question of law and on the basis of case put by prosecution. Also documents filed in bail applications of other courts especially superior courts won't automatically become a part of the court record. You can introduce them here thru an appropriate application at relevant time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More