LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep   01 May 2015

Appeal against the order of high court for acquittal

Sir/Madam, High Court has reversed the order of Session Court awarding Capital punishment to 3 and LI to 4. What is d next step available to me to bring the accused once again behind the bars and appeal against the high court order. Plz suggest me the appropriate course of action and good lawyer who can take up d case. I have soft copy of the judgement available with me.

Learning

3 Replies

bsrao   01 May 2015

It is for prosecution to appeal against the High Court's verdict and the prosecution has failed. You can only level allegations but there may not be much progress. 

pradeep   01 May 2015

Sir I cudnt understand. My case was investigated by CBCID and fought by Govt Advocate and on d basis of their report, and witnesses the session court awarded Capital Punishment to 3 Accused and LI to 4. Thereafter we got relaxed and my Govt Advocate assured me that the High Court will approve the judgement. But High Court has reversed the judgement and the accused have been set free. I want these accused to be sent to jain again and appeal against the acquittal order of High Court. Plz suggest

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2015

Though the high courthas reversed the sentence, hope the accused are still in jail?, what else you want?, in an appeal it is the discretion of the hgh court  to confirm or reverse or set aside the lower court judgement.  If you are aggieved over it, you may approach supreme court againsthe high court's decision, contact a lawyer practicing in supreme court for further issues. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register