Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Struggler (Senior technical associate)     22 January 2015

Suggestion.

Hi Experts,

After 4 years of struggle I have decided to break up with my wife.

I need your suggestion on below points.

1) After repeated harassment with her behavior and words my parents are staying separately since almost one month and I am staying in hostel and I am paying the rent for the house where she is staying and now the owners of the house want her to vacate the house as they don't like her behavior I have requested them to allow her to stay and I am ready to pay extra money for rent but they are not ready to agree.
2) Can I apply for a divorce as I am fed up with her behaviour and how to face the consequences if she complaints against me under dowry harassment and DV act.
3) I am an software engineer will I loose my job if I am booked under 498a and DV act does it impact my onsite opportunities.
4) we have a kid and she is almost 3 years and my respectful wife has left my daughter at her fathers place one year back since then I have not seen her can I get my kids custody?.

If required I can provide you all the information since starting of marriage life without hiding anything.

Please provide your valuable suggestions as soon as possible.

Thank you all in advance.

Learning

10 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 January 2015

Be Strong. So be strong. Show your strength morally and socially. That is wives they want. Stand up for your wife. Don't let her esteem bent down by anyone, not even your family or your family. Provide her the moral and social support whenever she needs it. Tell her you trust her instincts and that you would always be there for her. She should feel protected when she is with you. Make her feel protected and safe.These are all for welfare of your kid. Remove your egoes.Do not forget kids welfare.

Ramachary sir it is not her who require moral support but we need a moral support we have been facing mental torture from her and her parents we were called to police station we were called for several negotiations we were blammed for the reasons where we were not guilty and since one year I have not seen my kid and if you replied based on the point that are owners are asking her to vacate the house and she is self responsible for the same and no one else... who will tolerate if abused with bad words... She has abused owners with words which I can't mention she scolds me and my parents with a language which I can't mention... Spreads a propaganda saying that we are harassing her for extra dowry, for her property which we have never done and her father himself has given some money during marriage and I am ready to return it back... Even after I left the house and staying separately her behavior has not changed still she is spreading same rumors that we are harassing her for dowry and her property. Sir since one year we have kept quite even she is harassing us...now please tell me how to approach for divorce.

Ramachary sir it is not her who require moral support but we need a moral support we have been facing mental torture from her and her parents we were called to police station we were called for several negotiations we were blammed for the reasons where we were not guilty and since one year I have not seen my kid and if you replied based on the point that are owners are asking her to vacate the house and she is self responsible for the same and no one else... who will tolerate if abused with bad words... She has abused owners with words which I can't mention she scolds me and my parents with a language which I can't mention... Spreads a propaganda saying that we are harassing her for extra dowry, for her property which we have never done and her father himself has given some money during marriage and I am ready to return it back... Even after I left the house and staying separately her behavior has not changed still she is spreading same rumors that we are harassing her for dowry and her property. Sir since one year we have kept quite even she is harassing us...now please tell me how to approach for divorce.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2015

If you both have been living separately and her tortures are beyond tolerance, you may decide to to call it a day.  It is purely your own decision because you are the beter judge of yourself as per the prevailing situation at your end.  You better consult a local lawyer and arrange to file a case as per the relief intended by you including the child custody case.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 January 2015

to be on the safer side apply for anticipatory bail through a lawyer.this will prevent u from getting arrested in case if ur wife files 498a or dv.apart from doing this dont apply for divorce and all now for she would definitely counter it with 498a or dv.you cant get custody of your child till she is five years old

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     27 January 2015

Please file Divorce Petition, pray for Custody of your daughter alternativly access of your daughter...ask the landowner to give you a letter to vacate the house, to bring her misbehavior on record

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     27 January 2015

Please file Divorce Petition, pray for Custody of your daughter alternativly access of your daughter...ask the landowner to give you a letter to vacate the house, to bring her misbehavior on record

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register