Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh kumar (lect)     08 April 2014

Can punitive damages be sought in divorce plea.

Hello all

In a marriage where the Spouse is willfully refusing to consummate marriage and lead a conjugal life for close to an year.  As part of divorce petition , can punitive / Exemplary damages can be sought from such person for deliberately inflicting emotional distress and as well causing significant loss in terms marriage cost to the petitioner and his/her family.  

regards

Kumar 

Learning

13 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     06 May 2014

can punitive punishment lead her to consummation.If she too takes the punitive route you will not only loose what you have lost ..but even more.Be intelligent and part ways amicably.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 May 2014

yes you can claim but one thing you should understand that after marriage if both are happy no problem but wife taking such a step against you means some sufferfing from her end should be understood and from her end if she want to harass there are more sections were she can take steps

Mr.Mahesh ,pls dont talk in thin air,can you show one judgement in this regard.you talk of suffering and also punitive action.

pls do not make PUNitive statements

first go through the query what he is asking then answer the query do not blame me Mr. Gautam 

when I answer I will go through the query twice and then only I will answer and I am not in air to give unwanted answers like you Mr.Gautam

first go to court and get experience then you will know 

Mr.Mahesh,you have not read my posts addresed to you asking on what basis you are advising punitive ations

pls read my post thrice and not twice to undestand what i meant.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 May 2014

you are a student that why you are studying thrice to get wrong answers

saying you are student then search yourself which makes you understand Mr. Goutam 

I don't mind to read again and again to get correct answers and not like you to blame others to get wrong answers Mr.Goutam

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     07 May 2014

you still have not answered my questions per se punitive charges.Any judgement for this law student

that why I said search yourself not one time but as you said thrice till you get answers 

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     07 May 2014

@Ramesh - this will be my last reply on this thread.Try to go for MCD via common elders.Do not get embroiled in court matters.Any adverse action from your side will lead to false cases against you read 498,Dv,Mcd and others and going by the state of affairs in these matters you will have lost not only your mo ey but valuable years.Go for MCD ,marry another woman and get on with life,you will be happy to have made this decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register