Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthikeyan (assistant manager)     21 May 2014

Forced bond agreement

Hello all,

i have been working with a private company, during my interview and in my offer letter they have not at all mentioned anything about service bond between the employer and employee, however after joining the job they said that u have to undergo a mandatory training for u r jobrole and after completion of training they are forced me to sign the bond which is valued for Rs 5 lakhs, I have not at all interested in entering the bond with them and kept on fighting for 3 month but finally they made me sign the bond which has the clause

" i am also aware that on execution of bond one year frm the training i am not entitled to be sepearate myself frm the services of the company , in case despite my undertaking of above i decide to seperate ( by way of resignation frm the company ) i will be liable to reimburse immediately without demur and without any notice demand to the company entire expenses of 5 laksh . failing which i will also be liable and i agree to pay interest @ 24 % p a with said amount 5 laksh frm date of discontinuation till payment in full and i am aware that till such payment is made my be i will not entitled to get a releiving letter from the company "

My question is

1) is this legal to force an employee to sign the bond ??? ( how can i prove that i am forced to sign )

2) is this bond stands legal ??

3) Whether the company can file a legal notice for payment of 5 laksh against me ????

Learning

1 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     21 May 2014

Generally most companies as a security measures sign a bond / undertaking with the employee it is practiced by many employees to safe companies interest

If you are in and hurry to leave the company you can call the company by legal notice mentioning all the concerned details but it may cause a hindrance from future prospectives in applying company

Yes company can claim from you if your act contravents the clauses in the bond you can only prove it that it was forced if you have any thing to shaw that was taken forcefully say email conversation which contains any thing that shows that bond was signed forcefully

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register