LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep   17 January 2021

Father son property dispute/how to remove co-applicant name

I purchased the flat 8 years before , for loan purpose Father is co-applicant and in agreement added father name as second, Complete loan is settled by my earning and even during agreement money given from my account , i have all the documents which shows all the transactions is done from my account, 1) Can i remove my Father name from agreement for same is need re-registration? 2) Can my siblings make claim on property as father name in agreement, need experts opinion thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     17 January 2021

When an loan agreement is already executed, you cannot exit the co applicant without his knowledge and in concurrence with the bank as well. You stated that the loan amount is completely settled from your account. So there is no need as such. As you have already bought the property on your name and repaid from your account. You need to justify that the loan was settled from your source of earning and therefore is a self acquired. In that case your siblings don't seems to have any merit to demand part of it.

Shashi Dhara   18 January 2021

Take relinquish deed from your father in sro.

sandeep   22 January 2021

how about if father is refusing to do same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register