Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Mehra (Businessman)     14 May 2012

Father's property

Dear Lawyers,

We are four brothers & two sisters-Hindu family, all of them are married, elder brother is suffering with mental disease since 20 yrs, married, after a year divorced. Second brother died five years ago, immediately after his death my sister-in-law left our home to her mother’s house. After some months, we disposed his business set-up & whatever amount got has given her by depositing in her bank including jewellary. After that, she was demanding for maintenance amount for her. Though there was no income generating sources, we have managed to send monthly some amount of money.

She kept a condition that unless property distribution share is written on a paper, she will not allow to see my nephew & threatened us that she will file a case on us. We have  told that during our mother life span we will not distribute the Property.

We have an immovable Property purchased by my father 30 years ago, which was on elder brother (mentally retarded), got transferred on other two brothers (while my father was alive) for construction and availed home loan, but 75 % of construction amount contributed through my income. We have a good intention that after completion of house (can get rental income) we will financially help my nephew by giving his part. But looking at my sister-in-law’s intention, We are worried that how to assure her about share at the same time how can we protect my investment in constructing our house?

Thanks in advance!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register