Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Father died after issuing a cheque to a third party

Page no : 3

Abhishek Kumar (Vusiness)     22 December 2014

Dear Kalaiselvam Thank you for the valuable information. i am an IT consultant not a lawyer. This is the real car and I am facing it. The cheque is not dated. So peryour statement if the the drawer present it today by mentioning the date of today , he will be prosecuted. We have paid the amount and he is not going to present the cheque. We seek your advice if his intentions are bad and decide to put any amount and put today's date .then the consequences. please note that it is a blank cheque with just myfather's signature. Please suggest what will happen if the drawee put today's date and put any amount and deposit into my father's account that is already closed. Best regards

Dear Kalaiselvam Thank you for the valuable information. i am an IT consultant not a lawyer. This is the real car and I am facing it. The cheque is not dated. So peryour statement if the the drawer present it today by mentioning the date of today , he will be prosecuted. We have paid the amount and he is not going to present the cheque. We seek your advice if his intentions are bad and decide to put any amount and put today's date .then the consequences. please note that it is a blank cheque with just myfather's signature. Please suggest what will happen if the drawee put today's date and put any amount and deposit into my father's account that is already closed. Best regards

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2014

A criminal complaint can be lodged against the holder of the cheque if he is presenting the cheque by endorsing a date after the date of death of your father for cheating and fabricating the document with malicious intention. He will have to face the music of law then. Watch his developments silently, catch  him on wrong foot when he is venturing into such an adventure.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     26 December 2014

Son should be honest to pay his father legal debt. People says if son do not honour pious obligation, departed soul suffer in another world.

RAJESH   18 October 2016

Dear Sir,

My Father-in-law took amount from third party person and gave blank cheque to him,but past two months back he is dead in a road accident. but the third party person put a case on my Mother-in-law,Brother-in-law and my Wife.

1. Now is the cheque is valid and whether we have to pay the amount?

2. please let me know any alternate solution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register