Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay   13 March 2022

Family domestic violence

I have a case of sister in law.

My brother and sister in law are eying for their property share from parents for that they regularly keep on fighting wiyhin themselves and with parents and family members. 

So to make their planned things happen She keeps on fighting, starts shouting and threatening that she will jump out from the balcony. Society members come on shouting and she says that the parents are not allowing them to stay giving all false defamation statement. So it creates a mess situation to handle everytime

She had made family members life so miserable that even after telling that take whatever u want then also they don't give a proper decision. 

She threatens to go to police and says she will put fale allegation on his brothers and parents.

We have left that flat and we live in other flat then also he takes out some point when we go at that flat and starts fighting and giving bad words. And she shouts so hard that society members come and Harris us by calling police.

So kindly advice the proper way to deal this mental and physical harassment from sister in law.

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 March 2022

What is the stand of your parents, esp. your mother on the issue?

Ajay   14 March 2022

She has given too much of chance we started staying away from each other.. but just one common flat is there so we vsistsomwtime for work.. so for safety purpose I want some solution as don't want to get my job hampered if some odd thing happend such as police case

Palak batra   14 March 2022

Dear Querist,

Any kind of violence you face in a shared household constitutes a ground for filing a complaint under section 12 of the Domestic Violence Act 2005. Thus, you should file a complaint under section 12 of the D. V. Act.

According to section 2(q) & 3 of the DV Act, you can file a complaint against her. In Sandhya Manoj Wankhede vs Manoj Bhimrao Wankhede (2011) 3 SCC the Supreme Court has held that an aggrieved person can file a complaint against any relative of the husband. Hence, your complaint against your sister in law will sustain.

You can file the complaint either yourself or through the protection officer. You should move a complaint through the protection officer. He will prepare an incident report and send it to the competent court along with the complaint. He will assist you at every stage of proceeding. The Magistrate shall consider the incident report and pass any order seems fit and proper in your case.

Regards,

Palak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register