LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Raj (NA)     01 May 2013

False gold claim - advice please

I got married 2 years back. Wife is only daughter of my in laws. Within one week of marriage she went her home telling that she will come back after a week. But she never returned. I came to know that that she started working in her place. I asked her to come back many times she refused. I tried to stay in her home for some times, she asked me one more month time. like this time went on. G

I filed for divorce based on desertion. She have immediately a counter telling it was due to dowry problem she left. She is from a low income family and we did not demand anything. she had only one necklace and 5 banges  etc all coming to 10 soveriegn of gold. I gave her 2 big necklace so that wedding photo she loks good prior to marriage. now she is claiming all golds were her in her petition to return gold. also 10 soverign went now to 28 soveriegn with wrong weight of each item.

I do not know how to tackle this. Can any pone hlpe explaining how gold dispute will be handled. I dont have any bill for twoi necklaces I gave , and I did not wanted to pay tax :-(. I do not want to take a loan and keep on paying. please advice . SHe is telling she can arrnage for billls . All of us know that no people takes bill to save tax, very confused how to go ahead ...

Learning

9 Replies

venkat chintapikkala (private employee)     01 May 2013

hai,

according my knowledge if any ornament we buy there will be some mark of that shop , i think you had remember that shop as we buy gold from known shops. so if your wife shows false bills the courts will ask that gold shop that had taken from them or not by the mark of that shop if ur gueniue go ahead god is with you.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Mohan Raj

I got married 2 years back. Wife is only daughter of my in laws. Within one week of marriage she went her home telling that she will come back after a week. But she never returned. I came to know that that she started working in her place. I asked her to come back many times she refused. I tried to stay in her home for some times, she asked me one more month time. like this time went on. G

I filed for divorce based on desertion. She have immediately a counter telling it was due to dowry problem she left. She is from a low income family and we did not demand anything. she had only one necklace and 5 banges  etc all coming to 10 soveriegn of gold. I gave her 2 big necklace so that wedding photo she loks good prior to marriage. now she is claiming all golds were her in her petition to return gold. also 10 soverign went now to 28 soveriegn with wrong weight of each item.

I do not know how to tackle this. Can any pone hlpe explaining how gold dispute will be handled. I dont have any bill for twoi necklaces I gave , and I did not wanted to pay tax :-(. I do not want to take a loan and keep on paying. please advice . SHe is telling she can arrnage for billls . All of us know that no people takes bill to save tax, very confused how to go ahead ...

Problem is you did not take bills. Thought of saving money, lost it all.

Ask her for MCD.

NGOKC (pm)     02 May 2013

Hello!
I've started the petition "Government of India and all members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha: Save Indian Marriages : Stop the law on marriage amendment bill " and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
Here's why it's important:
If you are a Indian parent of a son or a male who wants to get married and live happily support this petition.
Think tommorow you get married and your wife throws your parents out of their own house and brings her lover to live in this
Think tommorow your wife will decamp with your ancestors entire wealth legally . Read below
Our politicians are creating a one sided law that will reduce indian marriages to prostitution and one sided blackmail.
Both BJP and Congress are hand in glove on this. In fact BJP is demanding that men should lose even more on this
New law proposes that Only Husband's entire residential property regardless of whether it was inherited or acquired pre-marriage be treated as matrimonial asset and half of it must be given to wife on divorce.
The law is unfair
1 ) since today women also earn .
2) Remember today 50% of indian marriages in Cities are ending in divorce , most of these within less than one year and women are initiators on most of these. It is grossly unfair to punish men for divorce they did not want and when marriage is so extremely short
3) This opens doors for blackmail - Even today in India in almost every divorce case women file false criminal charges to extort money from in-laws , this will lead to rise in such instances.
Support this petition, say no to sharing of any pre-marriage property.
Let our illiterate policians know we will not allow our marriages to be trifled with

STOP THIS LAW
You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Ranee....... (NA)     02 May 2013

Those necklaces are her Streedhan...you can not claim this and she has sole right on it.Return those to her/

Aadil (Sales Manager)     02 May 2013

I accept that its Streedhan..but why she is not accepting that she has taken that long back.......... and why again  unnecessary claiming and harassing with false allegation...?? if she is a decent Lady she would have not claim and harrass to his innocent husband this shows

she is Greedy in Nature..!!!!

Ranee....... (NA)     03 May 2013

Originally posted by : Aadil

I accept that its Streedhan..but why she is not accepting that she has taken that long back.......... and why again  unnecessary claiming and harassing with false allegation...?? if she is a decent Lady she would have not claim and harrass to his innocent husband this shows

she is Greedy in Nature..!!!!

yes, if she has taken it and again claiming it then she must have an intension to harrass you.

Gold jwelleris contains its purity and shops name written on it in short form.You can challenge her  if she produces false bills with the help of it.For this you have to contact that jweller to come to the Court and verify  the product  and the bills.

M Chaturvedi (Business)     03 May 2013

Dear Mohan Raj:

Firstly, Never succumb to your Wife's irrelevant demands. She'll eat you up.

As per your Query, it seems the Gold Ornaments are still lying with you.

When a Wife & her Family are against you, they are bound to make big noises because they have to do 'Nautanki' that they are very poor & weak people.

Do you know - Why is She Exaggerating the Quantity & the Amount of Gold which is in your possession? Because even she is afraid that she might not be able to procure the Original Quantity of Gold which she has left behind. So, She is exaggerating the Gold Quantity. You need not Worry. She knows what Gold is really in your possession & she also knows that she is not going to get more than that.

Discuss with your Family & just sit face-to-face with her & her family even if you want to get Divorced and clear the matter of Gold at the earliest. Don't Worry since she knows what you had given her & what she had bought during marriage. She will not demand more than that once you sit for settlement.

Now, her "Hool-Patti" that she will arrange & get the bills. If they don't genuinely settle with peace. Just ask her to get the bills. Philoshophically, Her Lies will not Win over the Truth & Facts. And, Technically, it is easier to prove her Wrong. Whatever bills she gets , even if exaggerated, there will definitely be Loop-Holes in the bills. Like, say the No Jewellers shall give her bills that dates back to 2-Years as they must have definitely paid their VAT during that time. Cross-Check with Jeweller from whom she gets the bill. Get the bill Cross-Checked with VAT Department - Here the Jeweller & your Wife will get into real mess. Also, the Ornaments must be having the Jewellers name Engraved on the back of the Jewels. Inform the Jeweller that their bill is being misused by printing fake bills of same type - the Jeweller's seat will starting burning.

So, Don't Worry at all. Give them the same Stare as they give you.      

M Chaturvedi (Business)     03 May 2013

Dear Mohan Raj:

Firstly, Never succumb to your Wife's irrelevant demands. She'll eat you up.

As per your Query, it seems the Gold Ornaments are still lying with you.

When a Wife & her Family are against you, they are bound to make big noises because they have to do 'Nautanki' that they are very poor & weak people.

Do you know - Why is She Exaggerating the Quantity & the Amount of Gold which is in your possession? Because even she is afraid that she might not be able to procure the Original Quantity of Gold which she has left behind. So, She is exaggerating the Gold Quantity. You need not Worry. She knows what Gold is really in your possession & she also knows that she is not going to get more than that.

Discuss with your Family & just sit face-to-face with her & her family even if you want to get Divorced and clear the matter of Gold at the earliest. Don't Worry since she knows what you had given her & what she had bought during marriage. She will not demand more than that once you sit for settlement.

Now, her "Hool-Patti" that she will arrange & get the bills. If they don't genuinely settle with peace. Just ask her to get the bills. Philoshophically, Her Lies will not Win over the Truth & Facts. And, Technically, it is easier to prove her Wrong. Whatever bills she gets , even if exaggerated, there will definitely be Loop-Holes in the bills. Like, say the No Jewellers shall give her bills that dates back to 2-Years as they must have definitely paid their VAT during that time. Cross-Check with Jeweller from whom she gets the bill. Get the bill Cross-Checked with VAT Department - Here the Jeweller & your Wife will get into real mess. Also, the Ornaments must be having the Jewellers name Engraved on the back of the Jewels. Inform the Jeweller that their bill is being misused by printing fake bills of same type - the Jeweller's seat will starting burning.

So, Don't Worry at all. Give them the same Stare as they give you.      

Mohan Raj (NA)     05 May 2013

Thanks to all of you for your comments.
Gold what you refer as sthridhan is not with me, my wife is holding it.

After all it was one necklace and 5 bangles in total. There was no need to keep it with me.

Regarding bills, I do not know which shop they purchased as I did not check what kind of gold it was.

I was least bothered about it to ask/check on gold . I got her two neclaceshering 10 sovereign she will be wearing.

Today all those gold is with her, and she is trying to claim it back from me in court.
She is holding also my necklaces. and I do not have the bills of the same that i purchased for her.

Now her claim is more gold than what she is holding.

Yeah, as "M Chaturvedi" said, we can take help of tax stuff  what the jeweller paid.

But  I will know about bills only when thjey submit them in court, yet to come in front of me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register