false case against 498A

my wife lodged false case against me against 498A. Now how to respond police man, who are calling me to police station to respond.please assist.

No need to worry. Go and meet the Police Officer and explain him about the facts.  498A is a bailable offence, even if the case was registered you will get station bail.

Rao

for best legal advise contact us on our details.. www.lexpanacea.com

Advocate

You need to attend the Police Station and try to provide the information as sought. There is no need to be concerned so long as the allegations are false.

498a is non-bailable offence. So it is foolish that station bail is permitted to the accused. I would opine that the original querist should seek AB from the court. Though, SC has issued guidelines to not to arrest the accused, if he is cooperating with the police in investigation, but who cares about such toothless guidelines of SC. Consult some local lawyer please.

Please also be aware that police is not allowed to sit on judgement whether a cognizable offence is true or false. If FIR is lodged in non bailable cognizable offence, then it can arrest the accused.

Advocate

In my understanding, police cannot arrest a person just because the allegations pertain to a cognisable and non-bailable offence; there need to legal necesssity and justification. Moreover, in 498A cases the police are strict instruction except with the express approval of the SP of the District.

Mr. P. Venu, every member of LCI would be highly obliged, if you could provide the strict instructions for the police in cases under 498A which only is known to you. BTW, who has issued those alleged instructions? Is it state of Kerala, HC Kerala, the SC of India or the president of India?

Vandana Bhola, if you are so intelligent then first prove yourself by submitting the free advises to the needy on this platform, otherwise don't disturb us by your repeated advertisements.

To respond police - you have to visit police station. If FIR is filed you have to fight out the case. Now a days there is no arrest for 498 A cases. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu