LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand (self)     25 February 2012

False 498a after mutual consent refusal

My brother's wife had originally sent a mutual consent petition proposal to my brother after she was caught committing adultery, which he did not sign. That petition did not have any mention of dowry, cruelty, money, and said no party had any money claims against the other. It did not go to signature stage because my brother was interested in saving the marriage for the sake of the kids.

Now, she has filed a false 498a against our entire family including him, our parents, myself and has avoided any requests to attend counselling to save the marriage.

Is that mutual consent proposal from her side useful for a quash of the 498a which has false dowry/cruelty allegations dating back to earlier period?

Learning

6 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     25 February 2012

no the mutual consent petition would not help 

Swapnil Shirodkar (Process Control Engineer)     25 February 2012

I think if the law does not protect men from these errant women and given them the untimate weapon, i guess we need to frame our own laws... AN EYE FOR AN EYE...

I am also a most probable Victim or 498A in near future

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     25 February 2012

AN EYE FOR AN EYE ...

uncivilized ... but may be ultimatum ...

rajiv_lodha (zz)     25 February 2012

Originally posted by :anand
"
My brother's wife had originally sent a mutual consent petition proposal to my brother after she was caught committing adultery, which he did not sign. That petition did not have any mention of dowry, cruelty, money, and said no party had any money claims against the other. It did not go to signature stage because my brother was interested in saving the marriage for the sake of the kids.

Now, she has filed a false 498a against our entire family including him, our parents, myself and has avoided any requests to attend counselling to save the marriage.

Is that mutual consent proposal from her side useful for a quash of the 498a which has false dowry/cruelty allegations dating back to earlier period?
"

Only moot point is whether this document had her signatures or not!

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     26 February 2012

Dear Anand first of all apply for AB or regular bail after that collect the evidence in your favour and file quash petition. feel free to call

Swapnil Shirodkar (Process Control Engineer)     26 February 2012

@Vijay

I have seen my own friends becoming a victim and the same threat is looming over me from my so called wife and Inlaws esp her Granny... and everyday each time i get a call from Home, i have that panic shivers running down my spine.. my Nights have become sleepless... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register