Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai narayana   22 May 2017

Exclusion of time in legal proceedings, exparte set aside

12. Exclusion of time in legal proceedings –

(1) In computing the period of limitation for any suit, appeal or application, the day from which such period is to be reckoned shall be excluded.

(2) In computing the period of limitation for an appeal or an application for leave to appeal or for revision or for review of a judgment, the day on which the judgment complained of was pronounced and the time requisite for obtaining a copy of the decree, sentence or order appealed from or sought to be revised or reviewed shall be excluded.

(3) Where a decree or order is appealed from or sought to be revised or reviewed, or when an application is made for leave to appeal from a decree or order the time requisite for obtaining a copy of the judgment on which the decree or order is founded shall also be excluded.

(4) In computing the period of limitation for an application to set aside an award, the time requisite for obtaining a copy of the award shall be excluded.

Explanation – In computing under this section the time requisite for obtaining a copy of a decree or an order, any time taken by the court to prepare the decree or order before an application for copy thereof is made shall not be excluded.

Experts please clarify whether the above exemptions applicable to condone the delay in filing application for setting Ex-parte Decree/Judgment under Order 9 Rule 13 of CPC. That I mean to ask, in calculating the 30 days limitation for filing an application for setting aside exparte decree, can we exclude the number of days elapsed in obtaining the decree copy from the court.

Learning

4 Replies

sai narayana   25 May 2017

No expert in this forum coming forward to resolve my query

While filing setting aside application for exparte decree under O.9 R.13, can we avail the benifit of time consumed in obtaining the certified copy of decree in calculating the 30 days limitation.

Martin Sooji (Advocate)     26 May 2017

Originally posted by : sai narayana

While filing setting aside application for exparte decree under O.9 R.13, can we avail the benifit of time consumed in obtaining the certified copy of decree in calculating the 30 days limitation.

Because you are old patient of this forum.

sai narayana  Likes: 36 Points: 1011

You neither seem to have value of time of yourself nor do you have money to spare on advocate, keep posting till you reach 399999. To all those who are in this forum atteindng divorce cases and maintenance cases, this is what will happen if you dont adjust with wife.

Consult good lawyer and take advise.  or join law college.

sai narayana   26 May 2017

Originally posted by : Martin Suji

Originally posted by : sai narayana

Because you are old patient of this forum.

sai narayana  Likes: 36 Points: 1011

You neither seem to have value of time of yourself nor do you have money to spare on advocate, keep posting till you reach 399999. To all those who are in this forum atteindng divorce cases and maintenance cases, this is what will happen if you dont adjust with wife.

Consult good lawyer and take advise.  or join law college.

Thanks for your suggestion. And any valuable inputs from your side to the query raised in my OP also required and much appreciated.

Regarding points, the group meant for sharing by the way of posting queries and answering queries too, it's a give and take, the main motive behind this group.

Regarding lawyers, they are also humans so all of them can't be expected to be expert in every aspect of what they studied in their degrees. So no generalised comments.

Adjustment with wife; two good vehicles driven by two expertised drivers also some times prone to accidents if the terrain was not good likewise the husband and wife relationship is also a subjective and circumstantial issue. So its better as far as we restrain from making comments/pointing fingers on others on that aspect.

Coming to the query I raised in my OP, i had few high court judgments but yet to had any judgment from supereme court, so the quest going on.

sai narayana   26 May 2017

Originally posted by : Rohinia Bopaiah
What is your problem?

I can understand.

Your car has two steerings. Hence this problem.  Either you hire advocate and let him do his job, or you fight your own case and drive into ditch. You are not doing either.

Both are steering.

You should be like this

Not like this

The problem is that people like you neither help nor keep quiet :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register