LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahil (self employed )     21 March 2014

Ex wife threatening more money for maintence

Hi. i got mutual divorce in 2012. we have daughter of 5 years. she wanted alimony for divorce. we both agreed on 5 lac rupees, which i paid to court as per court order also in the divorce paper its clearly mentioned that this is full and final amount and she can't ask for anymore money for her and or for our daughter. she is not married again and our daughter of 5 years is with her because she wanted me not to see my daughter again. now after 2 years she threatening me for more money for daughter. that she is going to appeal and plead to court. can she do that?

Learning

3 Replies

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     22 March 2014

Theoretically, your divorce decree is final and she cannot ask for more payment. However, practically the situation in the courts is very different, and any miracle can happen at any level in favour of any one.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     23 March 2014

@Rahil - you are lucky mate to get away with @5lakhs.... pun apart...After her marriage and a full and final settlement she is not entitled to get any thing from you  Let her file a case .. you file a counter at all her costs.

Reformist !!! (Other)     27 March 2014

No she cant get anything from you now. Next time she calls you, record the call and then file a case under 506, 383 and 385 IPC direclty as a complaint case in court.

Or else just keep quite and let her file it in court and then you can show the evidence that she was threatening you for money which is an extortion of money after Full n final settlement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register