Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

andrew (tttt)     19 October 2013

Evicting a tenant (who gets government quaters to stay)

1) I have a tenant who works in emergency department of government and hence get qovt quaters(accomodation) on priority basis which he does not accepts.

2)I can produce proof about him not accepting  multiple times the govt quaters provided to him .

Can He be evicted from my premise solely on the above mentioned point

Jurisdiction and the location of property is in Mumbai.

Awating the reply of esteemed and knowledgeable panel  int the above stated matter.

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2013

when tennat govt govt accommodation he ceased t be needy. further refusal to accept qtr is his economic consideration. If he gets Qtr and all his family members who reside there and are Govt/PSU employees will loose HRA and he may be paying much less to you. Further refusal to accept Qtr one employee is liable for forefeiture of HRA if you complaint to Deptt with copy of CAG.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2013

Andrew,

The tenant refusing to accept the government quarters allotted to him cannot be a ground/reason for an eviction suit /petition against him.  You have to approach the court with genuine and valid reasons to evict him, do not be misguided and carried away by some mischief monger advocates and lose your valuable time and money on the subject.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register