LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Gupta   25 February 2018

equality in marriage

my husband n I work n earn equally outside.
but all household chores hv to b done by me alone.
for cleaning floor n utensil maid is there.. rest I hv to do.
i have asked my husband to equally contribute towards cooking, dusting, washing clothes.
he clearly says these r work of a girl. I will never do this. n I hv not bring u here to give u cooked food.
a married girl hv to clean everybody clothes n cook for everyn.. no matter how much she is educatiom n earning.
we dont hv baby ryt now. he says wen will we hv baby.. it will b entirely ur responsibility to feed, bath , clean him. it is a mother work only.
i find it very much offending n against gender inequality.
is there any law dealing with it? thanku

Learning

3 Replies

Priyanka Gupta   25 February 2018

I really need legal answers Sir.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 February 2018

There is per se no law laid down which defines or segregates the duties of husband and wife.  It all boils down to the understanding existing between the parties. 

Rishi kumar   26 February 2018

Priyanka Gupta, 

i feel this is not a legal question at all. The easiest way to solve this problem within you  is to go back on time. Just think about how  your parents were running the household that included you. You must be remembering the routine at least from the time you were ariund 10. Was your family a happy one? How yor parents were running it? Were they having a list of the chores they should be doing? Everyone should rise to the occasion. Running the household is a collective job. Adjust a little here and there. He is sure to come forward  do more than even you have expected. Goodluck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register