LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krithiga G   17 June 2015

Email and mobile hack

I had been using a SIM card from a service provider from 2012. It was registered in my Father's name for prepaid services. After my marriage on Dec 2013, I travelled abroad and my SIM card got deactivated. And subsequently the service provider assigned the same number to some other 3rd person.

Recently I had matrimonial disputes with my husband and came back to my father's home.

Some person (I suspect my husband) purchased the same old number from the same service provider somehow. And used the number to reset my email and facebook passwords. Now, my email and facebook are not accessible. 
Myself along with my father enquired the service provider. Their explanation is that the person gave all the valid proofs, photo graphs and bought the sim card. The signature too resembles my signature. It seems he has convinced the service provider to accept my identity proofs instead of my fathers.

We had now filed a complaint in cyber cell about the problem. They are refusing to take the complaint. Eventhough we had submitted evidence that my email/facebook account has been hacked, they are not able to trace back the hacker and confirm that the hacker is my husband.

My husband has links/friends in many foreign countries and it seems he(hacker) has hacked my account from some other country outside India.

Could anybody please advice the available legal remedies for me to take this complain forward ?

Learning

1 Replies

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     19 June 2015

In a line I would suggest you to consult a lawyer dealing cyber cases, he would either suggest of guide you to overcome the situation,

It is not easy to express everything in this situation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register