LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikat Banerjee (Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (Gr-I))     12 June 2013

Eligible for labor court ?

Well I work in Indian railways and is governed by railway service and conduct rules 1966. My paygroup is 9300-34800 and G.P. is 4200. my designation is Chemical & Metallurgical assistant. Now though railway classifies me as supervisor but can i be classified as a labor according to labor laws and industrial disputes act. What i want to say is am i eligible to file a case in labor court ?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 June 2013

• Labour laws are laws, administrative rulings, and precedents which address the legal rights of, and restrictions on, working people and their organizations. These rules specifies many aspects of the relationship between trade unions, employers and employees.
  • There are over fifty national laws and many state-level laws regulating employment in India and for labour welfare and protection for workers.
  • These laws concerns working hours of employees, relationship between employer and employee, payment of wages, industrial relations, strikes, employee’ right in case of lockout , compensation in case of work related injuries or diseases, trade union rules etc.
  • Principal laws concerning Indian Railway employees include Industrial Disputes Act, Payment of Wages Act, Workmen’s Compensation Act, Hours of Employment Regulations, Factory Act, Contract Labour Act, Trade Union Act.
  • Labour laws arose due to the demand for workers to have better conditions, the right to organize, or, alternatively, the right to work without joining a labour union, and the simultaneous demands of employers to restrict the powers of workers' organizations and to keep labour costs low. 

Saikat Banerjee (Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (Gr-I))     12 June 2013

I simply asked whether i can be classified as labor,workman,or supervisor ?

S. J. KALA (advocate)     13 June 2013

What is your duties and responsibilities.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register