Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riddhi   18 May 2021

Effect of mentioning maintenance amt in reply to divorcepetn

Hello lawyers,

I am in the procedure of drafting a reply to the divorce petition filed on me by the husband under Hindu Marriage Act. In this reply to petition, my lawyer has told me to mention an amount for final maintenance and an amount for interim maintenance in the prayer section of the petition. I do not want to file an application of interim maintenance immediately at this point along with this reply to petition, and want to wait for a few months after the petition lands into the husband’s hands and he becomes aware of the cruelty done to me, before proceeding to any money matters. I wanted to know if the court, on the basis of the figures mentioned in the prayer of the reply to the petition but without the actual 24 HMA application being filed, can direct me to file an affidavit of assets at this point only.

Or the affidavit of assets would be requested by the court only after I file a separate application for 24 HMA ?

Thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     18 May 2021

You better to act asper your lawyer advise .. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 May 2021

A lawyer has the duty, in all dealings and relations with a client, to act with honesty, Good Faith, fairness, integrity, and fidelity. A lawyer must possess the legal skill and knowledge that is ordinarily possessed by members of the profession. So take your lawyer advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register