LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fraud_victim (Manager)     24 December 2013

Dv case transfer

My wife's sister had filed DV case against me, on behalf of my wife ,in metropolitan court in Mumbai in 2009. She (my wife's sister) later made a plea to exempt her as she was not in position to appear in court. 

Now after 4 long years where in my wife has been stretching the case with some excuse or other, she has appealed in SC to transfer the case from Mumbai to kurukshetra, where our marriage was solemnised and where she is residing with her parents from last 2-3 years. My wife has not appeared in court for last 5 dates atleast and has not filed her evidence till now despite court asking for it in all previous dates.

I am in mumbai with my aged & ailing mother, struggling to keep my self professionally alive as i lost my job almost 9 months back. 

If the case is transfered to kurukhstra, it will be extremely difficult for me to present my self there leaving my mother & work unattended.. i work on contract basis as & when I get some job.

Please help by advising what stand should i take in SC to stop my case getting transfered to kurukshetra.

regards

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 December 2013

Normally court transers the case to the jurisdiction where wife is living.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register